Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Love Education Technology........NOT

I do love education technology mostly because it can take any lesson and make it interactive. However, there is one thing I hate about education technology and that would be Chalk and Wire. At first I hated the fact that it was one more thing that I had to do in the first technology class. I hated how it had to be constructed a certain way with the picture in a certain area. I hated how much we had to write about what we did and why and how it lived up to standards. In general I hated every single aspect of it. Then Damon brought up the idea that instead of standardized test that each students should keep a portfolio to show their work through out their academic career. I agreed strongly that having a student show a project that they put time into shows way more about what the child has accomplished as opposed to a test, especially with the theory of multiple intelligence being one of the things that drives my philosophy. Because of the discussions we have had in class I now understand how important a tool like Chalk and Wire can be to the educational process.